Hey everyone, it’s Ink Roadie Jessica. Thank you for joining me today. This is my first post for the Ink Road. I’m super excited because this is the first of many fabulous things to come! The Ink Road has so many great products for card-making, I had no clue where to start. One of the products I fell in love with was the flower die. I knew right away that I wanted to make a card with and it along with some of the beautiful paper that I recently received.
- I first started with the panel. I picked this music note pattern paper cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I chalked the edges with the pink chalk edger (which is super cool to use).
- I chose an ombre pink paper. Cut the flowers from the pretty flower dies and layered them on top of each other arranging them in the correct layers.
- The leaves are die cut from the same die set as the flowers. There are a couple of different leaf shapes but for this card only two dies were used for the flowers. I arranged them in it’s simplest form.
- The mint colored paper was die cut from a rectangle die then chalk edged with a similar color to make it pop out.
- I used a hello die and die cut it from a black card stock and black foam. I adhered them together placing the card stock on top.
- I picked out the wood veneer with a sentiment on it that went well with the hello word die.
- After everything was laid out and cut I started with the rectangle die cut and adhered it down flat onto the panel since it was more for a background piece. The big flower was adhered with some foam tape. Following was the smaller flower and leaves. Next I adhered the hello word die, and then the wood veneer pieces.
This is my first time working with wood veneers, but I love how the different shapes add that little something extra to the card. Overall, I’m loving how subtle, yet bold, this card turned out.
You’ll find the products used in this project listed below. Remember when you shop with me at The Ink Road, you get 10% off your purchase. Simply enter Jess10 at checkout.
Thanks for spending a bit of your time with me today. I really hope this card has inspired you to hand make a card. I would love to know what you will be crating. Please leave me a comment I love to hear from you.